Sunday, November 15, 2009

Theme of the week-- Fair Trade

How would you feel if you are not paid for the work you do or your talent is significantly under paid. That's exactly what happens with a lot of hardworking artists around the world when they are treated unfairly. Thank god we have Fairtrade Foundation . This is an organization that ensures this injustice does not continue. Of course, this is an over simplified definition of Fairtrade. Feel free to visit their website for all the details http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/

These days a lot of retailers are adapting Fairtrade products and kudos to them. When we came across this concept at Terra Trendz, we loved it since the idea resembled our values. We strive to have at least 20-30% of our handbags & jewelry to be fairtrade.

I spent some time hunting cool, chic & elegant fashion accessories made by fairtrade artists. I plan to feature most of these in coming weeks...So stay tuned! Having said that, let me introduce a couple of my favorite fairtrade accessories on TTZ. Take a look.


Opal Clutch is my personal favorite. I just love it. This pretty clutch is one of our best sellers and rightly so! Opal Clutch in one happy looking fashion accessory that is imported from Madagascar by Mar Y Sol (Mad Imports). We love this clutch and to be honest, I fought hard with our marketing team to have a special price on this one since I want more people to have it for holidays. For a limited time, you can get this clutch for only $59.99.


Aqua Heart Necklace is one gorgeous piece of jewelry that you will love.
This fairtrade necklace is made in the Himalayan region of India. Artisans in the region source local stones and metals to create this beautiful work of art. I assure you will surely love this necklace!

Like I mentioned, this week I will feature some of my favorite Fairtrade fashion accessories whether or not its available on Terra Trendz.

No comments:

Post a Comment